Encouraging News today from Dr. Bonnie Henry & Honourable Adrian DIX
- 19 hospitals now designated and prepared as Primary sites to respond to COVID-19. Among them are Abbotsford, Surrey, Royal Columbian, Vancouver Convention Center, and St. Pauls.
- 970 confirmed case in BC. Almost half have already recovered for a total of 496. Of the 496 recovered which is 48% 70 of those were from ICU.
- As of March 30, 2020, we have 4233 Acute empty beds and ready if needed.
- Today, BC received 1 million masks for health care workers.
- Calls to 811 COVID-19 lines are now with only a 1.13 minute wait time
- It was announced today Hospital Parking fees will be suspended as of April 1, 2020.
DR Bonnie strongly encouraged us all to continue following the rules, self isolate, keep 6 ft distance and just stay home.
The next 2 weeks are crucial for this 2nd incubation period. This will make or break us.
I BELIEVE WE CAN DO THIS AND I KNOW WE WILL ALL WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
To compare: BC 970 Cases 19 Deaths 469 recovered (source Dr Bonnie)
In comparison, look at the stats below
From Wikipedia Source March 30, 2020
Canada 7319 cases recovered 956 Deaths 82
From JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY
GLOBALLY : TOTAL Cases 745,305 Deaths 35,305
UNITED STATES : 143,667 Cases Deaths 2487
Total cases world wide 732,153
Total deaths world wide 34,686
Total recoveries world wide 154,673